|Manufacturer||Patio Pacific Inc|
|Your Maximum Pet Size||Cats, Large Cats, Small Dogs, Medium Dogs, Large Dogs, X-Large Dogs|
|Climate Suitability||Severe-4 Season|
|Wind Resistance||Very High|
|Sealing Value||Very High|
|Frame Material||Heavy Extruded Aluminum|
|Employs Patented “Endura Flap”||Yes|
|Insulation Value||Very High, High|
|Possible to Add Additional Magnets for Greater Wind Resistance||Yes|
|Flap Design||Single, Double, One Part , Flexible, Insulated Flap|
|Award Winning Design||Yes|
|Replacement Flaps Available||Yes|
|Flap Warranty (if separate)||15 years|
|Ability to Lock Flap||Separate Locking Cover-Loads from Top|
|Locking Cover Material||Dimensional ABS|
|Can Be Installed In||Aluminum Door, Steel Door , Solid Core Door, Hollow Core Door, Metal Door|
|Warranty Period||10 years|
|Return Period||90 days|
|Manufacturer’s Restocking Fee||None|
Patio Pacific Endura Flap™ Pet Door for Doors
$179.00 – $469.00
In 2001 Patio Pacific set out to design and build the best pet door flap ever made and they created the award winning Patio Pacific Endura Flap™
It is the most highly engineered pet door flap ever made. With this door, you never have to replace worn out or leaky flaps. Also, it has a high-quality seal, first-rate insulation and it will last forever!
|Flap Size &
|Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Flap Type|
|6″ w x 11″ h||8 3/8″ w x 15″ h||9 7/16″ w x 16″ h||Single|
|6″ w x 10″ h||Double|
|8 ” w x 15″ h||10 1/2″ w x 19″ h||11 1/2″ w x 20″ h||Single|
|8 ” w x 14″ h||Double|
|10″ w x 19″ h||12 1/2″ w x 23″ h||13 9/16″ w x 24″ h||Single|
|10″ w x 18″ h||Double|
|12″ w x 23″ h||14 5/8″ w x 27 1/8″ h||15 5/8″ w x 28″ h||Single|
|12″ w x 22″ h||Double|
Endura Flap™ Door Mount
Congratulations on your purchase of one of the finest pet doors made, featuring the exclusive Endura Flap™.
Installation Instructions For Single and Double Flap Models
For single flap door mounts
1 flap frame • 1 trim frame
4x 1-3/4 inch screws • 4x 2-1/4 inch screws
For double flap door mounts
2 flap frames • 4 tunnel pieces • 1 tube of silicone
4x 2-1/4 inch screws • 4x 2-3/4 inch screws
For both single and double flap door mounts:
1 installation template • 8 hole plugs
2 weather-strips • 1 warranty card
3/8 inch drill bit
Jigsaw or reciprocating saw
Phillips head screwdriver
Please read instructions thoroughly before beginning installation.
1. Tape the provided template to the door. The top edge of the cut-out line should be 1-1/4 inch (or more) above the dog’s withers (shoulders) for the single flap door mount, and 2 inches for the double flap door mount. Be careful not to unduly reduce the strength of the door by cutting too close to the bottom of the door.
2. Mark the hole centers for the four holes and remove the template.
3. Drill the four 3/8 inch holes. Note Drill bit needs to be long enough to go through the interior and exterior of the door. It should be both level and straight when making the holes to ensure the two frames will align properly.
4. Draw lines to connect the outsides of the holes using a straight edge as shown on the template.
5. Cut along the line as shown in Figure 3.
Note Jigsaw needs to be level and straight when cutting the lines to ensure the two frames will align properly.
6. Install the weather-stripping into the groove on both frames with the start /end gap at the bottom.
7. If a single flap door mount, place the pet door trim frame on the outside of the door and the flap frame on the inside and skip to Step 14.
8. If a double flap door mount, assemble the four-piece tunnel by first bending the screw tabs down as shown in Figure 4 in the top and bottom tunnel pieces (the two identical shorter pieces). Note Only bend the tabs once, bending more than once may result in the tabs breaking off.
Figure 5: Remove the four flap assembly screws
9. Remove the screws in the four corners of the flap frame assembly as shown in Figure 5.
10. Place the top piece on, with the bent tabs down and align the top piece so the holes in the tabs lines up with the screw holes in the flap frame and screw in as shown in Figure 6. Repeat for the bottom piece.
11. Slide in the tunnel side pieces as shown in Figure 7.
12. Bend the tabs down with your thumb or a screwdriver handle.
13. Place the flap frame with the tunnel attached on the inside and the other flap frame outside.
14. Select the 2-1/4 inch set of screws for 1-3 /4 inch doors and the shorter set for 1-3/8 inch doors. Insert these into the pet door from the inside. For doors with a thickness of less than
1-3/8 inch, see special instructions. For doors between 1-3/4 inch and 2-1/4 inch with the double flap door mount, use the 2-3 /4 inch screws.
15. Start all four screws as shown in Figure 8, but do not tighten.
16. Before tightening down the screws, check that the pet door is level and adjust as needed.
17. Tighten the screws until the weather-stripping compresses and the pet door touches the door. Do not over tighten.
18. Hammer the hole covers into the frame using the wooden end of a hammer (or similar non metal tool).
19. For double flap door mounts, apply silicone along the inside of the tunnel where it mates with the flap frames to seal your pet door from the elements. Failure to seal your pet door can lead to severe water damage.
For expert installation help, replacement flaps and parts or other quality pet door products, visit PetDoors.com or call
800-826-2871 (Press 2)
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST
Endura Flap™ | U.S. Pat. No. 7,814,956 | Pat. Pending
In 2001 Patio Pacific set out to design and build the best pet door flap ever made. We’ve released the resulting flap in a version designed for all solid core, hollow core, metal or storm doors: The award winning Patio Pacific Endura Flap™ Pet Door for Doors.
If you’ve never owned a pet door before, you’re going to be very satisfied. It does what you think it should. But if you have ever owned a pet door, hold on to your socks -you’re not going to believe how much better this is than what you’ve had in the past. Take a look at the Endura flap Pet Door Information that we’ve provided, and you’ll begin to see what we’re so proud of!
A note on single versus double flap versions.
Extreme performance Endura Flap™
We get it, you’re tired of replacing worn out, leaking flaps. You owe it to yourself to investigate the Endura Flap, the best, most highly engineered pet door flap ever made. It seals, it insulates and it will last forever! By the way, want to see what happens over time to the more traditional vinyl flaps? See our Leaky Flap page!
High aspect ratio design
Much easier to fit your pet. Improves security for medium to large sized pets. Easier to share with a smaller pet.
Provision to add magnets
to increase the already significant wind resistance.
Beefy aluminum extruded framing
Features completely hidden hardware. No more flimsy frames with bolts showing all over.
Environmentally friendly flap material
Safe for the environment unlike vinyl (PVC) which is not.
Self-framing for all doors
1/2″ – 1 3/4 ” single flap version and 1 3/4″ to 2 1/4″ double flap version. (Adjusting the single flap to less than 1 3/8″ requires cutting the trim frame with a jig saw).
Sturdy locking cover
Locks pets in or out. Easy to use clip lock is better than the old spring-loaded pin locks. It’s equivalent to 1/16″ thick steel.
Superior customer protection
90 day return, 10 year warranty, 15 year warranty on the Endura Flap™ Assembly
From Small #6 for cats and small dogs to the Extra Large #12 for very big dogs.
100% Designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA.
Note: Endura Flaps™ are not recommended for use by kittens or very small dogs. Cats have been successful using the Small #06, however a few have found the Medium #08 difficult to use. We would not recommend using the Large #10 or Extra Large #12 or any of the double flap versions for cats.
There has been lots of discussion as to why the Endura Flap is such a high performing pet door, but for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.